SATELLITE ACCUMULATION WASTE
A satellite accumulation waste area is a designated waste collection
space in the immediate vicinity of a waste generator site on campus.
- Fume hoods, cabinets or benches in laboratories
- Barrels for waste oil or hazardous waste collection
- Container area for waste contaminated rags or spill products
- Only one container no greater than 55 gallons of a particular waste material may be stored in the same satellite area at a time.
- All container must be tightly closed.
- All containers must have The EH&S Office "Hazardous Waste" label (see sample) affixed and completed.
- Incompatible waste shall not be mixed.
- Incompatible waste in containers greater than one gallon shall not be stored near each other.
- A weekly verification of the condition of all satellite areas
shall be made at least weekly by the designated individual in charge.
- Complete all "Hazardous Waste" labels, insuring that all information has been filled in.
- Call xxxx
- Date the container when full. The container must be relocated to the Main Accumulation Area within 3 days of the full date.
- All packaging, handling and labeling requirements from Chemical Waste Section above must be observed.